Property Pest Control
It is one of the least liked things about owning, renting, or managing a property. But keeping unwanted little guests out is an important part of home maintenance. Property Pest Control needs to be preventative and prompt.
No one wants to walk into a room and see bugs scurry away. Or open a cabinet and see evidence of mice. That’s why Property Pest Control is a necessary and constant task. The good news is that once a solid barrier is in place, the chance for undesirable bugs and rodents getting into the home goes down. To create a pest free home there needs to be prevention and prompt, continued treatment. Corder & Company has these suggestions.
Pest Control Prevention
Small steps can go a long way in preventing the invasion of a home.
- Seal and Secure
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery trimmed and cut back from the house.
- Don’t Forget the Food
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Keep eating in the dining room or kitchen and avoid eating in other rooms of the house.
- Minimize Moisture
- Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains that provide the perfect breeding site for pests.
Pest Control Treatment
Once the home is secure a regular pest service is highly recommended. A one time per month treatment will help keep bugs at bay and rodents away. If there are continued or reoccurring signs of pests it is important to take action right away. While there are do-it-yourself treatments Corder & Company recommends calling a professional. Bug and rodent problems can get out of control quickly so getting rid of them properly is essential.
Property Pest Control is the responsibility of the owner, the renter, and the property manager. Working together will help keep the property free of bugs and mice.